Home Inspection F A Q's
- How long is the Home Inspection?
This all depends on the property size and details. Usually a standard home is 2 to 3 hrs, town house is 1.5 to 2 hrs and a condo is 1 to 1.5 hrs.
- What days/hours are available for a Home Inspection?
We operate 7 days a week, the hours will depend on season and weather.
- When will the report be available?
The Home Inspection report will be published and emailed to you the same day, usually in the evening around 9-pm.
- Can the buyers attend the Home Inspection?
Yes, we strongly recommend that all parties that have an interest in the Home attend the Home Inspection.
- When is payment due for the Home Inspection?
Payment is due at the time of the Home Inspection.
- Do the buyers need to bring anything to the Home Inspection?
No, we do not ask you to bring anything. However a pen, paper and a nice camera may be helpful during the planning stage.
- Is the Home Inspector Licensed in Illinois?
Yes, all our Home Inspectors are Licensed in Illinois.
- Do you offer any other services?
Yes, we offer Certified Mold Inspections, Air Quality Test Inspections and we can set-up a Radon Test for you with one of our vendors.
- Can we do a last minute Home Inspection?
Yes, last minute Home Inspections are available based on availability.
- How far in advance do we need to book the Home Inspection?
We recommend you call and speak to a Home Inspector as soon as you are ready, this gives you more options (dates/times).
- Is the Inspector available to speak to after the Home Inspection?
Yes, we will continue to have access to the report and are available by phone or text.
- How will Inspection help determine the condition of the home?
During the course of the Home Inspection, the Home Inspector will explain the condition of the property. You will also be provided with a PDF Report to help you make an informed decision.
- What is included in the report provided by MVP?
The Home Inspection PDF Report is an easy-to-reference document detailing the condition of the home's major components including items like HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Roofing, Foundation, Attic, Windows and more.
- Why should I choose MVP Home Inspections Inc.?
We are highly rated in Chicago and Suburbs with over 250 Five Star reviews. We inspect hundreds of homes each year and our well trained Home Inspectors are licensed in Illinois.
- How qualified are the Home Inspectors?
All of our Home Inspectors are trained and certified to be state licensed in Illinois. Ongoing training's keep our home inspectors up to date on new and changing technology and construction. Each individual Home Inspector comes from different backgrounds including Sales, Construction, Electrical and other trades that can help during a Home Inspection.
- How much does a Home Inspection cost?
There is no set cost for a Home Inspection. The cost will vary based on the Home Inspector, the local market, the geographic region, the scope of the inspection to be performed, and more.
- Can the Home Inspector make repairs?
Although it may seem convenient to have an Home Inspector who is also a contractor, it poses a conflict of interest. We will inspect your home without any vested interest in repairs.
- What happens if the Home Inspection reveals problems?
If your Home Inspection reveals any problems, it is important to understand the severity of the defect. Talk with the Home Inspector and call licensed contractors for repairs or replacement costs.
- Do all Home Inspectors look at the same things?
Every Home Inspector is different and come with strong points and weak points. You may save $$ by choosing a cheaper inspector and he could over look $1,000 in problems. Usually, the best inspectors are not the cheapest.
- Is it possible for my home to fail a Home Inspection?
No, a professional home inspection is an examination of the current condition of your prospective home. It is not an appraisal or a municipal inspection. A home inspector, therefore, will not pass or fail a house, but rather describe its physical condition and indicate what may need repair or replacement.
- Can the Inspector provide prices for repairs or replacement costs?
No, as a State Licensed Home Inspector we do not provide costs for repairs or replacements. We would advise you to call a licensed contractor for more information.