HVAC Maintenance Tips
Below you will find HVAC maintenance information from Forbes.com. Give your home inspector a call today for a comprehensive inspection of your homes HVAC System. If you're in the market for a new home, give one of our home inspectors a call to inspect your home and evaluate the mechanical items. MVP Home Inspections Inc, 708-830-8700.
If you’re looking for ways to control your finances, look no further than your heating and cooling system. Home heating and air conditioning systems claim more than half of total household energy consumption, and cost thousands of dollars to replace. Keeping your HVAC system in top condition is a great way to save money on monthly energy bills, and to stave off the high costs of repairing or replacing the system, or having to call your HVAC company.
Typical visual inspection a homeowner may be able to do.
- Check the battery status on the thermostat
- Inspect the condensate system to ensure that it is draining properly
- Ensure that the filter access and cabinet door are securely closed
- Make sure the flue system is securely attached and fully intact
- Ensure that all registers and returns are unblocked and open
- Check all registers for signs of mold
- Make sure the outdoor unit is level. Use rot proof shims to level it if necessary
Typical inspection an HVAC contractor will do.
- Check the thermostat calibration and settings
- Tighten electrical connections as needed
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Inspect the condensate drain and clean as needed
- Check the system controls
- Clean and adjust the blower components
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Check fuel line connections
- Inspect the gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger
Call MVP Home Inspections Inc today at 708-830-8700.